is our Business

Individual visas

Whether you wish to work in Australia as a skilled worker, study at university or bring a loved one to Australia to live, there are myriad of visa classes for individuals and families wanting to call Australia home.

From FinTech to cybersecurity, AgTech and space and advanced manufacturing, there are a handful of skillsets the Australian Immigration department targets for highly skilled talent. There is a range of visa options available to applicants who want to migrate to Australia as a skill independent and possess the skills in particular demand.

Our small but robust and personable team of visa experts will educate you on the most suitable visa for your needs, keep you informed of the visa process, update you on the progress of your application lodgement and answer and all questions you might have, whenever they come to mind.

We know how stressful an international move can be – the last thing you need to worry about is the nuances of Australia’s immigration system. Because our team take on all the heavy lifting that goes into adhering Australia’s complex visa laws, you don’t have to.

There are a range of visa options available to applicants who want to migrate to Australia independently as a skilled migrant and have the skills that Australia requires.  Qualification for any of these visa options is subject to meeting the current threshold point’s requirement, based upon the following factors:

  • Age (18-45)
  • Qualifications
  • Occupation
  • Work experience overseas and in Australia
  • Meeting or exceeding the minimum English Language requirement

The visa process runs through a system called Skillselect that has two distinct stages:

  1. Expression of Interest
  2. Visa application (subject to receiving an invitation to apply)

Our Registered Agents will manage the entire process from beginning to end, relieving our clients of the burden of navigating the constant changes to Australia’s complex immigration laws and economic needs. We provide dedicated support to ensure that our clients are able to meet the criteria for each aspect of the application such as the complicated Skills Assessment process and the English Language requirement. Visas in this category include:

  • Subclass 491 – temporary regional visa
  • Subclass 189
  • Subclass 190

As timing is critical with these visas, our team ensure that every client’s visa is managed quickly and efficiently to ensure processing turnaround is kept to a minimum where possible. Our Registered Migration Agents can also assist migrants who wish to apply for Permanent visas through this route.  

If you have an Australian relative, spouse or partner, or if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent visa holder seeking options to bring your loved ones over to Australia, either on a temporary or permanent basis, the family stream of visas is the area that may be the correct visa option for you.

Family visas are not subject to the ‘points test’ like the General Skilled Visas and in most cases age is not a restriction. Visas covered by the family stream include:

  • Partner Visas (Subclasses 820, 801, 309 and 100)
  • Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)
  • Parent Visas, including Contributory & Aged Parent Visas (Subclasses 103, 143, 173, 804, 864, 884, 885, 886)
  • Child Visas, including Dependent Children, Adopted Children and Orphan Relatives (Subclasses 101, 102, 117, 445, 802)
  •  Other Family Members including Last Remaining Relatives, Carers and Aged Dependents.

Choosing the right visa is important as there are various options within each category and the process can be time consuming and stressful, and sometimes very difficult.

Life Relocation will allocate a Registered Migration Agent to manage the complete process for you, from initial consultation through to preparation and application lodgement, so that you have professional and comprehensive support from start to finish.

There are 3 main ways to become an Australian citizen:

By birth: If you are born in Australia and one or both of your parents is an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.

By descent: If you are the child of an Australian citizen but you are born overseas, you will generally be granted Australian citizenship.

By conferral: For those visa holders who are permanent residents of Australia and have lawfully resided in Australia for at least four years, you may be eligible to apply for citizenship by conferral.

Exemptions can apply to those applicants who are serving in the Australian Defence Force or eligible New Zealand citizen.